According to the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA), rollovers account for approximately 30 percent of fatal accidents involving passenger vehicles each year. Such a statistic demonstrates that rollover crashes are some of the most catastrophic accidents that can happen. Rollovers often involve sport utility vehicles (SUVs) and passenger pickup trucks, as such vehicles are more likely to roll over in an accident than smaller passenger vehicles. However, even the smallest of vehicles can roll over in a serious motor vehicle collision.
Because of the severe nature of rollover accident injuries, many accident victims seek the help of a skilled motor vehicle accident lawyer to determine who is at fault for causing the accident. Dealing with insurance companies can be complicated and stressful. As such, it is best to allow a Tifton car accident attorney to handle your personal injury matters.
Why Do Rollover Accidents Happen?
Rollover crashes happen for many of the same reasons as other car accidents, in addition to a few others. Potential causes of rollover accidents include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Losing control of a vehicle
- Failing to negotiate a curve
- Driving while intoxicated
- Texting while driving and other inattentive behaviors
- Falling asleep at the wheel or driving while drowsy
- Making a dangerous or high-risk maneuver, such as trying to pass a vehicle in a no-pass zone, precipitating a potential collision with oncoming traffic
- Multi-vehicle accidents that involve side impact that may cause a vehicle to roll
The type of road or highway and the volume of traffic also play a role in rollover accidents. Moreover, high speed is often involved in such crashes.
Injuries Associated with Rollover Accidents
Given how dangerous rollovers can be, the resulting injuries may be permanent or fatal. Examples of rollover accident injuries include the following:
- Fractured bones
- Head injuries, such as skull fractures, traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) (including concussions), and swelling of the brain
- Neck, back, and spinal cord injuries, such as crushed vertebra and nerve damage
- Punctured organs
- Burns (if the accident involves fire
- Wounds that require surgical intervention
- Internal bleeding
Accident victims are likely to suffer more than one type of injury, and any physical harm has the potential to be fatal, especially without prompt medical attention. Because rollover accident injuries are life-altering, accident victims should consider speaking with a Tifton car accident attorney.
Contact a Tifton Car Accident Attorney for a Free Consultation
Whether you have sustained injuries in a rollover accident or wish to help a loved one who has been injured in an accident, you need the guidance of a skilled and diligent Tifton accident lawyer. When pursuing a personal injury lawsuit, you deserve experienced legal representation to ensure you have the best chance of success. To schedule your free consultation, contact Hudson Injury Firm today by calling (229) 396-5845 or submitting your information through our website’s contact us page.