Injured in a Motor Vehicle Accident? Our Tifton Accident Attorney Can Help
Motor vehicle accidents can result in serious injuries and even death. And while these cases are fairly common, they are more complex than you may think. From dealing with the insurance companies to collecting the documentation you need to submit your claim, the process can be overwhelming for people when they are trying to focus on their recovery. If you’ve been injured in a motor vehicle accident, an experienced Tifton accident attorney at Hudson Injury Firm can help you get fair compensation for your claim.
Georgia Traffic Fatality Facts and Statistics
According to the most recent data available from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, fatal car accidents nationwide have been in decline for the last three years. For 2019, the nationwide fatality rate declined by 2%. Unfortunately, Georgia showed a decline of less than 1%:
- There were 1,491 total traffic fatalities in the state of Georgia
- 549 people who died were passenger vehicle occupants, which is a slight increase over 2018
- 170 motorcyclists died, which is an increase over the prior year when 154 motorcyclists died
- Pedestrian and bicyclist fatalities both declined, with 236 and 21 respective fatalities
So while it’s good news that traffic fatalities are declining, there are still several areas of concern. And of course, these statistics only reflect the number of people killed in motor vehicle accidents – they do not include the number of people who suffer serious injuries.
Types of Motor Vehicle Accidents
Every motor vehicle accident is unique, but for reasons beyond the facts that are specific to your accident. If you’ve been injured in a motor vehicle accident, you need an experienced Tifton accident lawyer who is familiar with the type of accident you have suffered and will know how to get the compensation you need. At Hudson Injury Firm, we have extensive experience handling the following types of car accidents:
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end accidents
- Side-impact or “t-bone” accidents
- Accidents due to intoxication
- Accidents due to driving while fatigued
- Accidents caused by a distracted driver
- Accidents resulting in serious injuries to passengers and children
- Truck accidents
- Bus, taxi, and rideshare accidents
Each of these types of motor vehicle accidents have unique causes and challenges. No matter what type of accident you’ve been involved in, we can help you get fair compensation for your injuries. Sometimes it can be difficult to identify the cause of your accident. An experienced Tifton accident lawyer will be able to review your case and determine the underlying cause of your accident.
Motor Vehicle Accident Injuries
The safety features that are standard in modern vehicles do an incredible job of helping us arrive at our destinations without harm. Unfortunately, accidents still happen and often the results are serious injuries that leave a lasting impact on all involved. Some of the most common injuries that can result from motor vehicle accidents include:
- Broken limbs, hands, and feet
- Facial and skull fractures
- Internal organ damage
- Deep lacerations
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Torn ligaments and tendons
In addition to the physical injuries you may suffer as a result of an accident, every Tifton accident lawyer at our firm understands and is sensitive to the psychological and emotional trauma many accident victims suffer, which include:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
These injuries can range from mild to severe and can also be fatal. Even mild injuries can require months of treatment and result in a permanent disability. If you’ve been injured in a motor vehicle accident, you could be facing significant uncovered medical expenses, lost income, and other losses. A Tifton accident attorney can review your personal injury accident case and help you understand your options.
What Insurance Companies Don’t Want You to Know
Even if you don’t pursue a lawsuit, you will still have to pursue a claim with the insurance company in order to receive fair compensation for your claim. The first thing you need to understand is that insurance companies are for-profit corporations. They protect their bottom line by paying as little on claims as possible. As a result, seeking compensation is typically a negotiation that often begins with the insurance company offering you far less than what your claim is actually worth.
Many people are surprised by how quickly the insurance company will try to settle their claim – they may contact you within a day or two of the accident. However, these offers are an attempt by the insurance company to limit their exposure. If you accept the offer, they will require that you sign paperwork that releases them from any further or future claims. Here are some reasons why you should not accept your insurance company’s offer of settlement:
- You do not yet know the extent of your injuries
- You do not yet know what treatment will be required
- You do not know whether or how long you will need to miss work
- You do not yet know whether treatment will be effective
You may feel pressure to accept the settlement company’s offer, or simply feel overwhelmed by trying to deal with them while trying to recover from your accident. If you’ve been injured in an accident and don’t know what to do, a Tifton accident lawyer can help you manage your claim.
How a Tifton Accident Attorney Can Help
An experienced motor vehicle accident lawyer can do far more than represent you in court. At Hudson Injury Firm, we provide full-service injury representation in the following ways:
- We handle all correspondence and communications with the insurance company, the other driver, witnesses, and any other parties that may be involved.
- We help our clients collect the documentation and evidence they need to build a strong case.
- We negotiate any settlements on your behalf, discuss any offers with you at length, and help you decide whether or not you should accept or decline.
- We help our clients understand their options and make informed decisions.
- If you cannot settle your claim, we provide aggressive and experienced litigation representation.
Contact a Tifton Accident Attorney Today
At Hudson Injury Firm, we understand the challenges that you face after an accident. We provide dedicated and compassionate legal representation to help our clients get the compensation they are entitled to. If you’ve been injured in a motor vehicle accident, we can help call or contact us online for a free consultation.