Fight for Compensation after a Bicycle or Pedestrian Accident in Tifton
If you were injured in either a bicycle or pedestrian accident, you need a personal injury attorney who understands the challenges you face. These cases are more complicated than many people realize, and your future depends on getting the compensation you need to make a full recovery. A Tifton bicycle and pedestrian accident lawyer at Hudson Injury Firm will know how to build the strongest possible case so you get the compensation you deserve.
Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents
Motorists pose the most considerable risk to cyclists on the road. However, broken pavement on roads or sidewalks or getting attacked by a dog can also lead to injuries. In addition, the following present unique hazards to cyclists:
- Dooring: when the driver of a parked vehicle opens the door into the path of an oncoming cyclist, causing them to crash and sometimes fall into oncoming traffic
- Crossing accidents: when a motorist crashes into a cyclist who is crossing at an intersection or when the vehicle is entering or exiting a driveway, parking lot, or alleyway
- Passing accidents: when a motorist sideswipes, rear-ends, or turns into a moving cyclist
Severe injuries and death are often the results when bicycles and motor vehicles collide. If you were injured in a bicycle accident, contact a Tifton bicycle accident lawyer as soon as possible to discuss your options.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
Pedestrians also face considerable risk when walking, whether in a busy city or on a low-traffic back road. Regardless of circumstances, the causes of pedestrian accidents are surprisingly common:
- Distracted driving
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Failing to pay full attention
- Driving at night or other times of low visibility
- Failing to yield to pedestrians in the crosswalk or passing another vehicle waiting for pedestrians to cross
Pedestrian accidents, like bicycle accidents, also often result in serious injuries or death. As a result, it is essential to get the help you need as soon as possible.
Hit and Run Accidents
Hit and run accidents are widespread when they involve cyclists or pedestrians because they simply did not see you or know how serious the situation is and panic.
If you were injured in a bicycle or pedestrian accident and the driver fled the scene, you can still pursue a claim. While your case may be more complicated, an experienced Tifton bicycle and pedestrian accident lawyer understands how to work with the authorities and the insurance company to ensure your rights are protected.
Work with at Tifton Bicycle and Pedestrian Accident Lawyer at Hudson Injury Firm
If you or someone you know was injured in a bicycle or pedestrian accident, act quickly to protect your rights. An experienced Tifton bicycle and pedestrian accident lawyer can handle your case from start to finish so you can focus on healing. To discuss your case and what we can do for you, contact us today at (229) 396-5845 or send us an email to schedule a free consultation.