Tifton Car Accident Attorney Helping Victims Get Fair Compensation
Although they are probably the most common case we handle, every car accident presents its own unique set of challenges. From proving liability to documenting your claim, getting the compensation you need to put your life back together is often much more difficult than many people expect. If you’ve been injured in a car accident, you need an experienced Tifton car accident attorney who can get results. At Hudson Injury Firm, we help injured people get the compensation they need to pay their bills and take care of their families.
What to Do if You’ve Been Injured in a Georgia Car Accident
The hours and days immediately following your car accident are critical to the success of your case. Unfortunately, it can be difficult to know what steps to take in the midst of the confusion and trauma. If you are involved in a car accident, our Tifton car accident attorney recommends the following steps at the scene to the extent that you are able:
- Contact the police. Even if the accident appears to be relatively minor, the police can help in several ways. They can divert traffic in order to keep you safe, and will prepare a report that can be helpful if you need to make a claim later on.
- Exchange information with the other driver. You want to be sure to get their insurance and contact information. You can use your phone to take pictures of their insurance card, driver’s license, and license plates to avoid errors.
- Identify potential witnesses. If anyone saw what happened, you may need them to make a statement later on. Ask them to provide you with all of their contact information.
- Take pictures. It is true that a picture is worth a thousand words. Thanks to smartphones, it’s easy to capture important details regarding your accident. Take pictures of the damage to your vehicle, the damage to the other vehicle, and the scene of the accident. If possible, try to capture details such as relevant signage or the road conditions.
There are several important steps that you need to take in the days following the accident:
- Get a thorough medical exam from your doctor. Even if you were treated at the scene, it makes sense to also be seen by your primary care doctor to make sure that you receive a proper diagnosis.
- Document your claim. If you need to pursue a claim, you will need to submit proof of your claim. Keep copies of all bills, invoices, doctor’s notes, and any other correspondence or other paperwork that demonstrate your losses as a result of your accident.
If you’ve been seriously injured, all of this may seem impossible. If you’re feeling overwhelmed, a Tifton car accident attorney at The Hudson Injury Firm can handle almost all of these steps for you so that you can focus on your recovery.
Important Note from a Tifton Car Accident Lawyer: Your Injuries May Not Be Immediately Apparent
It’s not uncommon for accident victims to feel “fine” immediately following a car accident. For many injuries, including brain and neck injuries, the symptoms may not manifest themselves right away. If you begin experiencing any symptoms whatsoever, it’s important to get medical care as soon as possible. In addition, you may also want to speak with a Tifton car accident attorney. You can still pursue a claim even though your injuries only became apparent in the days following your accident.
How Your Tifton Car Accident Attorney Will Prove Fault
In any car accident case, there are three basic elements that the accident victim will need to prove:
- That the other driver owed you a legal duty;
- That the other driver breached that duty; and
- That you were injured as a result of the breach.
In the context of a car accident case, every driver owes a legal duty to other drivers to drive safely. As a result, the challenge in most car accident cases is proving the second and third elements.
Drivers most commonly breach their duty to drive safely by being negligent. Negligence occurs when someone fails to take reasonable care to avoid causing harm to others. Some of the most common examples of negligence in car accident claims include:
Being charged with a traffic violation is often used as evidence of negligence. However, you also have to show that the driver’s negligence caused your injuries. Proving the elements of your case can be more difficult than it appears, but a Tifton car accident attorney can help you build a strong case.
How Your Tifton Car Accident Attorney Will Establish Liability
Despite the fact that they are so common, car accident cases are more complicated than many people anticipate. The insurance company may be pressuring you to accept a lowball settlement offer, or the other driver may be claiming that you caused the accident. On top of this, you may be severely injured, unable to work, and just trying to focus on your recovery.
An experienced and skilled Tifton car accident attorney at Hudson Injury Firm can help you with every aspect of your case:
- We gather, analyze, and organize the documents and other evidence that you will need
- We handle all correspondence related to your case, including settlement discussions with the insurance company
- We interview potential witnesses
- If your case is unable to settle, we prepare and file the lawsuit, and then handle the legal proceedings all the way through trial.
When you work with us, you can focus on your recovery while we focus on getting you the compensation you deserve.
Auto Accident Compensation in Georgia
If your car accident was caused by the other driver’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses arising from the accident. Compensation for car accident claims can include the following:
- Your medical expenses, especially any expenses not covered by health insurance such as deductibles or copays
- Any lost income as a result of missing work due to the accident
- Your pain and suffering
- Any other losses you experienced caused by your accident
Most people settle their claims for far less than they are worth, but this can be devastating when your injuries require extensive treatment or you are unable to work for an extended period of time. An experienced Tifton car accident attorney at Hudson Injury Firm can provide you with an estimate of what your claim may be worth and help you get fair compensation so that you can be made whole.
The Deadline for Filing Claims in Georgia
Referred to as the “statute of limitations,” there is a two-year deadline to file a lawsuit in a car accident case in the state of Georgia. While there are exceptions to this rule, the sooner you pursue your claim, the better. Two years passes by faster than you think, and the longer you wait to file suit, the harder it will be to prove your case. Over time, evidence becomes more difficult to collect and memories become less sharp than they once were.
This deadline is important even if you don’t plan to file a lawsuit. Insurance companies will not even consider your claim if the statute of limitations has already passed. They may even delay settling your claim if the deadline is approaching. The sooner you begin working on your claim, the sooner you can get the compensation you need.
Contact a Tifton Car Accident Attorney Today
At Hudson Injury Firm, we understand the challenges you’re facing. That’s why we provide aggressive and dedicated legal representation to people who have been injured in car accidents. From settlements to trial, we have the experience and knowledge you need to get the compensation you deserve. To schedule a free consultation with a Tifton car accident attorney, contact us online to discuss your case during a free consultation.