Tifton Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Helping the Injured
Motorcyclists face more significant hazards on the road than other motorists. They also face a greater risk of injury in the event of an accident. Beyond the increased risks, however, motorcycle accident cases are unique. If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, contact an experienced Tifton motorcycle accident lawyer who knows how to get you the compensation you need.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Visibility plays a large role in many motorcycle accidents. In an attempt to minimize negligent behavior, many motorists will claim they did not see the motorcycle until it was too late. Drivers have the same obligation to watch out for motorcycles as they do for any other vehicle. The issue of visibility plays a role in the following situations:
- When a car makes a left turn in front of an oncoming motorcycle or when the motorcycle is passing
- When a car makes a sudden lane change into the motorcycle’s lane
- When a car moves into the passing lane and collides with a motorcycle in the oncoming lane
Tailgating is another common cause of motorcycle accidents that our Tifton motorcycle accident lawyer often sees. Because they are smaller and lighter, motorcycles can stop much more quickly than the average passenger vehicle. As a result, accidents occur when cars follow a motorcycle too closely, and they have to stop suddenly.
In addition to visibility and tailgating, many motorcycle accidents happen as the result of the same carelessness that causes other accidents:
- Distracted driving
- Driving while intoxicated
- Running stop signs and stoplights
- Illegal lane changes
- Failure to yield
Finally, motorcyclists also face more significant hazards due to damaged roads, road construction, or debris on the road. Road hazards that are of no concern for passenger vehicles can cause severe accidents for motorcyclists.
Often it can be challenging to recall what happened or what caused your accident. An experienced Tifton motorcycle accident lawyer can help you identify the cause of your accident and whether someone else should be held accountable.
What Your Claim May Be Worth When Working with a Tifton Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If someone else’s negligence caused your accident, you might be entitled to compensation for your injuries and other losses. The amount you may be entitled to seek will vary according to the specifics of your case, but your compensation claim can include the following:
- Your medical expenses caused by the accident
- Your lost wages
- Damage to your motorcycle and riding gear
- Your pain and suffering
If your accident results in a permanent disability, you may be entitled to seek compensation for your lost future earnings or reduced earning capacity as well.
Many non-lawyers settle their claims for much less than they are worth. A Tifton motorcycle accident lawyer can make sure you get the compensation you need to pay your bills, take care of your family, and rebuild your life.
About Contributory Negligence in Georgia
As you are probably aware, there is a negative perception when it comes to motorcyclists. People often consider motorcyclists to be reckless individuals who take unnecessary risks and put others in danger. As a result, it is very common for the other driver to blame the motorcyclist for the accident.
In response to a negligence claim, the other driver can raise this as a defense, claiming that your negligence contributed to the accident. Unfortunately, Georgia is one of the few remaining statues that follows the “pure” contributory negligence rule. If your negligence contributed to the accident in any way whatsoever, you are prohibited from receiving any compensation, which can have a tremendous impact on the outcome of your case. The other party must prove and submit evidence to the insurance company, or the court that (1) you were negligent, and (2) your negligence contributed to the accident somehow. A skilled Tifton motorcycle accident lawyer can help you overcome this defense so that you can get the compensation you need.
How a Tifton Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help You
Lawyers do more than try cases. A Tifton motorcycle accident lawyer can provide valuable assistance from the moment immediately following your accident to the day you get the results you need. Below are the ways that a lawyer can help you with your claim:
- They can review and investigate your accident. To prove your case, collecting the necessary evidence is vital. An experienced Tifton motorcycle accident lawyer can collect the evidence you need and identify the potential cause.
- They can determine what your claim is worth. It is important to understand what your claim is worth to evaluate your options properly. Your lawyer will make a reasonable estimate of the compensation you should claim and help you make an informed decision should you receive a settlement offer.
- They can handle all communications with your insurance company. Dealing with your insurance company can be stressful and confusing when trying to focus on your recovery. Your attorney can speak on your behalf and handle all of the communication.
- They can negotiate and evaluate any settlement offers. Subject to your approval, your lawyer can negotiate a potential settlement on your behalf. Lawyers are trained negotiators and are therefore more likely to get the best possible offer.
- If necessary, they can prepare and file the lawsuit and handle your case through trial. While most cases will never go to trial, sometimes your only option is to go to court. The legal system is complicated for non-lawyers to navigate, and even a simple mistake can jeopardize your claim. A Tifton motorcycle accident lawyer can file the lawsuit and guide your case through the court system until you get results.
Call a Tifton Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Today
An experienced motorcycle accident lawyer can make a tremendous difference in the outcome of your case. At Hudson Injury Firm, we fight to make sure you get the compensation you deserve. If you’d like to discuss your case and learn more about how we can help, call us today at 229-396-5845 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.