Tifton Auto Accident Lawyer for Car Accidents Involving Passenger and Child Injuries
If you or your child were a passenger in a car accident, you may feel like you are caught in the middle of a very confusing situation. However, it is important to understand that you have rights, and you may be entitled to compensation. A Tifton auto accident attorney can help make sense of the situation and get you the results you need so you can move forward with your life.
Who Is at Fault?
If you or your child are injured as passengers in a car accident, several potential parties may be liable:
- The other driver. If the other driver caused a car accident, you may be able to pursue a claim against the other vehicle’s driver. Your claim is independent of any claim that the driver of the vehicle you were riding in may have.
- The driver of the vehicle you were riding in. If your vehicle’s driver caused the accident, you may pursue a claim against them for your injuries or the injuries suffered by your child.
- Another third party. Trucking companies, cyclists, or even pedestrians can sometimes cause accidents. If you or your child were injured as passengers, you could pursue a claim against any party responsible for the accident.
- A repair shop, dealership, or vehicle manufacturer. Mechanical failures or vehicle defects cause some accidents. These situations are often very complex.
- A government entity or contractor. Poorly marked construction sites or hazardous road conditions can also cause car accidents. Injured passengers may need to bring a claim against either the government entity or their contractors for failing to make the roadway safe.
Passenger claims can be somewhat complicated. If you or your child were passengers in a car accident, we recommend getting a thorough medical exam. If you have been injured, you should at least talk to a Tifton auto accident lawyer before deciding how to proceed.
When Your Friend or Family Member Caused the Car Accident in Georgia
As mentioned above, many passenger claims involve situations where the at-fault driver is a friend or family member. If you or your child have been injured, your only opportunity to recover the compensation you need may be to file a claim against the driver.
We understand how awkward this situation can be. It is essential to keep in mind that the claim would be made against the driver’s insurance policy. This is why drivers are required to carry insurance under Georgia law. If you are worried about whether you will have to sue your friend or family member, keep in mind the vast majority of cases settle long before they ever get to court. An experienced Tifton auto accident attorney can review your case and explain the anticipated outcome.
Contact a Tifton Auto Accident Lawyer at Hudson Injury Firm Today
Passenger claims are complicated, but a Tifton auto accident attorney from Hudson Injury Firm can get you the compensation you need to rebuild your life. To discuss your case and how we can help, call us at (229) 396-5845 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.