Tifton Agricultural Injury Lawyer Helping People Injured in Farm Accidents
If you work on a farm, you know a severe injury can have devastating consequences, and you may find yourself unable to pay your bills or take care of your family. While accidents may happen, some are caused by someone else’s negligence and you may be entitled to compensation with a personal injury lawsuit. If you were injured while working on a farm, a Tifton agricultural injury attorney can get you the help you need.
Common Farm Injuries in Georgia
Many people do not realize the dangers of farming. The reality is farmers and farmworkers face considerable hazards every day. These hazards can result in severe injuries and even death. Some of the most common farm accidents include the following:
- Falling injuries: Many agricultural workers are injured from falling from grain bins, ladders, haymows, or other farm equipment or structures.
- Suffocation: Farmworkers can suffocate and die when they become trapped in a grain silo or bin. They can also suffocate when trapped in a space that does not have sufficient ventilation or contains toxic gases.
- Farm animal injuries: animals routinely injure agricultural workers on the farm.
- Pesticides: pesticides and other toxic chemicals are widely used in farming but can cause injuries due to explosions, prolonged exposure, spills, fires, and poisonings.
- Equipment injuries: Tractors and other equipment are ubiquitous on farms and cause a significant number of injuries. Hay balers, augers, harvesters, and other equipment can maim or kill workers when they become entangled or crushed.
- Vehicle accidents: Many farmworkers are also injured in vehicle accidents either on the farm or traveling to the market or other farm-related errands.
It is important to note that this is not an exhaustive list. If you have suffered an agricultural injury, you should speak with a Tifton agricultural injury lawyer to review your options as soon as possible.
Who Is Responsible for Your Injuries?
In many farm accidents, the farm itself may be held liable for your injuries. However, there are other instances where you need to pursue some other party, such as in the following situations:
- You were injured in a vehicle accident by another negligent driver
- You suffered a chronic illness due to prolonged exposure to a toxic pesticide
- You were injured while using defective machinery
Determining who may be responsible for your injuries can be complicated, and in some cases, more than one party may be at fault. A Tifton agricultural injury attorney can help you determine who to pursue to get the compensation you need.
How Your Tifton Agricultural Injury Lawyer Will Demonstrate Negligence
Most farm accidents result from negligence, but it can often be challenging to prove. Below are some of the ways negligence can lead to a severe accident:
- The owner continued to use equipment they knew was faulty or broken
- The owner failed to adequately maintain farm equipment that later failed and caused your injury
- The owner did not provide the necessary safety equipment to workers
- Fertilizers or pesticides did not warn of potential health risks arising from prolonged exposure
- A piece of equipment was defective
Negligence is not always apparent, and more importantly, you will have to prove your injuries resulted from someone else’s negligence. If you suspect your injury is someone else’s fault, a Tifton agricultural injury lawyer can evaluate your case and explain your options.
Contact a Tifton Agricultural Injury Attorney Today
At Hudson Injury Firm, we have extensive experience in helping people injured in agricultural accidents get the compensation they deserve. To discuss your case and how we can help, call us at (229) 396-5845 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.