Tifton Drunk Driving Accident Attorney Fighting for Your Rights
Despite efforts to the contrary, driving while intoxicated remains a significant problem on Georgia roadways. Drunk driving accidents can result in severe injuries, and in some cases, even death. If you have been injured in an accident caused by someone driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, a Tifton drunk driving accident lawyer at Hudson Injury Firm can help you get the compensation you need.
Your Rights Under the Law in Georgia After Being Hit by a Drunk Driver
Proving negligence is at the heart of most car accident cases. In a drunk driving case, the driver’s intoxication is evidence of their negligence. As a result, you have the legal right to pursue compensation if you have been injured in a drunk driving accident.
The law entitles you to be made whole. You are entitled to compensation for any economic losses you have suffered (such as your medical bills and lost wages), as well as your pain and suffering. Unfortunately, these claims can be complicated for non-lawyers to pursue. An experienced Tifton drunk driving accident attorney can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Third-Party Liability: Georgia’s Dram Shop Act
Georgia law also allows DUI accident victims to hold bars, restaurants, and other establishments liable for their injuries. Under Georgia law, you may be able to pursue a claim against a third party in the following situations:
- They served alcohol to someone who was under the age of 21
- They served alcohol to someone who was over 21 but was noticeably intoxicated
Claims under Georgia’s dram shop laws are complicated. For example, the law exempts establishments from liability if they served to someone under the age of 21 but used a fake ID. Furthermore, you will have to prove the server knew the person was noticeably intoxicated and that they would soon be getting behind the wheel. A Tifton drunk driving accident lawyer can collect the evidence you need to make your case.
Questions Your Tifton Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer May Ask About Your Accident
When you meet with a Tifton drunk driving accident lawyer, they will need to gather some basic information about the accident to help you prove your claim:
- Was the other driver intoxicated at the scene of the accident?
- Was the other driver charged with DUI?
- If they are being prosecuted, what is the current status of their case?
- Do you know what was the blood alcohol content (BAC) of the other driver?
- Do you know where the other driver had been drinking prior to the accident?
- Did you see the other driver driving erratically before the accident?
Even if the other driver’s DUI charges are dismissed, these facts can help you get the compensation you need to recover from your accident.
You May Be Entitled to Compensation in Tifton
If you can prove the other driver was intoxicated, you may be entitled to monetary damages for the following:
- Your pain and suffering
- Your medical bills and related expenses
- Your lost income, including any future, lost income
- Other losses such as damage to your vehicle
Call a Tifton Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer Today
If you’ve been injured in a drunk driving accident, we can help. To speak with an experienced Tifton drunk driving accident lawyer, call us at (229) 396-5845 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.